Costa Rica Online Gaming Licensing Procedures
To start an online gambling business with the Costa Rican license one should have an office physically located in Costa Rica and register the corporation with the Public Registry (Registro Publico) issuing articles of incorporation. The applicant will get a tax identification number of the company, operational permits and import/ export permits upon request.
The offshore company formation procedure in Costa Rica typically takes up to 2-3 weeks. The company will be incorporated using the name of your choice. Companies incorporated in Costa Rica are exempt from any kind of taxation, are empowered to conduct all types of business and may have clients, contractors, suppliers and employees from any country. However, in 2010 there was risen a question regarding whether a 2% tax on gambling activity will be introduced and it is still under consideration. There is no minimum share capital requirement, however at least 25% of the issued capital must be paid up on incorporation.
- Nominee services through lawyers
- Highest level of privacy protection
- Limited liability without any paid up capital requirement
- Legal tax exemption
- No taxation on any kind of income
- No accounting requirements
- No reporting requirements
- No fees for accountants
- No auditing
- No requirements on profession or financial standing
- Business can be conducted internationally
Fees required to be a holder of online gambling license in Costa Rica
Costa Rican online gambling license can be acquired on permanent and temporal basis.
Permanent license with a permanent office comprises the following:
- administrative and legal costs - US $500;
- legal fees - US $5000;
- annual lease of office space - US $3600;
- renewal amount - US $5000.
Temporal license with temporal office requires:
- US $500 for administrative and legal costs,
- US $5000 for legal fees,
- US $1200 for annual lease of office space,
- US $2000 for renewal for the years when the license is active.
To receive a consultation on obtaining a gambling licence, please contact the following representatives:
Legal Law Practice Contacts
Avia and Slogold Group S.A.
Quality Solutions Network S.A.Corporate ID 3-101-517315
San José, Costa Rica.
Tel: +506-88124664 | +506-83970578